Old 01-20-21, 04:20 PM
blinky

Bikes: 2003 Litespeed Tuscany with Ultegra R-8000 components

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked 40 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by woodcraft
Modern wool is better than the coarse fabric of yesteryear, lycra works well, and chamois leather had it's limitations,

but the idea that modern foam rubber- based chamois pads breathe well is a joke. Convenient, and what's available, but sweaty, and funk-prone, why is this the standard? Same with shoes: leather= breathable, comfortable; fabric/foam sandwich i.e. running shoes= hot, sweaty, cheap, available.

I wear wool shorts (Ibex- no longer available) quite a bit- good for cooler & mixed conditions. I also have Ibex knickers which are great for winter and well used for years.

When the company was folding, I bought a back up pair which were still in their plastic bag until recently. The main pair were in the wash, so I got out & used the new ones for one ride.

After, I spent some minutes trying to tell which was new & which was well-used and years old, & finally could only tell because the printing on the laundry tag was worn on one!

Haven't used these, but am impressed with a couple of other Nalini things:
https://nalini.cc/collections/nalini...ing-bib-shorts

Aero tech had shorts with a thin fabric pad with no foam, but sadly that seems to be lo longer offered.
Thanks Woodcraft , it's amazing that they can still be found !!