Old 01-21-21, 06:37 PM
randyjawa 

Bikes: 1958 Rabeneick 120D, 1968 Legnano Gran Premio, 196? Torpado Professional, 2000 Marinoni Piuma

Mentioned: 210 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1372 Post(s)
Liked 1,751 Times in 938 Posts
NOS on Ebay and accepted Buy It Now - $100.00 shipped, crank, cotters, rings, and bottom bracket - all original and all new when I got them...

The head set, again Legnano but this one was used, showed up on Ebay for a very low price. I bought it immediately. The seller asked to be allowed to cancel the deal because he made a mistake in the price. I objected but felt bad about it. He said he understood and that he would get the head set mailed the next day (he could have just cancelled). At that point, I offered to pay more but he refused. An honest man, to say the least...

The owner of a local bike shop needed a set of Campy Record high flange hubs for his Cinelli. I swapped him a polished set that I had, for a complete dirty Campy high flange wheel set that he had come in with an old ALAN. Turned out the hubs were kinds special - a fluke and, yup, Legnano again...

And, my biggest impulsive purchase ever (remember, I often get bikes for free - locally), a late fifties Rabeneick frame and fork...

And my latest impulsive buy has not arrived - yet (pics might follow)...