Hermes
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1350 Post(s)
Liked 2,496 Times in 1,465 Posts
Originally Posted by burnthesheep
3x8 solo after riding one lap on RR recon ride with the team. Today was Z1 in TT position. All workouts here till 02Feb will be in TT now. Woot.

Going to do a mock ride Friday, I hope. All race kit. This will set me up some targets and workouts till the race. I'm also going to try to negative split it to get a better feeling of not starting off too hard. I always start too hard then taper. People watch my HR data instead of power and just see the HR tapering up over time like it normally would. What they don't pay attention to is that the power drops like a rock. I have to stop that crap.

I just remembered I can find my old clip on's for the gym erg instead of using a towel and making my elbows hurt. Score.

If I can get my 20ish min TT power up to within even 15w of my road "climbing" position.........I'll be a happy man. And a faster man.
I am pretty sensitive to hip angle v power production such that a couple of mm can change power but not affect CdA that much, if any. It is hard to find the sweet spot hip angle due to so many variables and fatigue. And turtling your head makes a huge difference in CdA and not much difference in power. However, it is hard turtle and hold the head still for long periods of time.