Old 07-11-17, 12:42 PM
01 CAt Man Do

Bikes: Mountain bike & Hybrid tour bike

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by sknhgy
I recently got this Apace Vision usb rechargeable tail light and I couldn't be happier.
https://www.amazon.com/Apace-Vision-...s=apace+vision
It's bright and the charge lasts a long time. I do night commutes once/week and it's been on my bike for a month and it's still going strong. I'd definitely get another.
PBSF's and others taught me that changing batteries is a PITA.
I bought one of the same lights just a couple months ago. Not a bad light. Not super bright IMO but for typical night time / sunset use I would consider it brighter than what I see most people using. I use mine on steady low and mount it under my Hotshot 150. At some point though I'll likely stop using it or just use it for back-up. I only bought it because it was cheap and I thought it might add a bit more side lighting. While it does put some light out to the sides it really doesn't do what I was hoping it would do.

While talking about it I noticed a couple things. First, you can actually use these on the seat stays too although the rubber band that holds it is not going to hold it real tight. That might be fixable by just adding some rubber shims. I already have lamps on my seat stays ( which I don't use ) so I'll not use mine that way. The only thing about these that I don't like is the mounting system. The rubber band looks as though it probably won't last long. It's very thin so I'm figuring if it gets dry-rot and breaks the lamp will just fall off.