Old 07-15-17, 05:13 AM
01 CAt Man Do

Bikes: Mountain bike & Hybrid tour bike

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by mmeiser
Pro tip first. Little known fact, the rubber mount on the Hotshot Micro can replace the bag clip on the Hotshot 50, 100 and 150! In my opinion this pairs the best mount with the best light.....
Thanks for the tip on the rubber Hotshot Micro mount. Does the Micro mount pivot as well? If it does I'm getting one of those mounts for my Hotshot 150.

Originally Posted by mmeiser
....I literally thought i had eagle eyes from years of daily riding in chicago but in a quiet rural town one day a lady sitting in the left turn lane suddenly decided to go as i was riding through the light and hit me and my friend nearly head on....
That's pretty much how a buddy of mine at work got killed only he was on a motorcycle. I truly believe that a good daylight strobe can perhaps save many a life, particularly at intersections where people are turning and or if there is not a traffic signal... then even more important. On occasion though, it really won't make a difference. Just the other day I was driving my work vehicle down a busy multi-lane road and some A-**** just pulls out right in front of me. Thankfully I have super great reflexes and very good driving skills. I still don't know how I managed to "Not" hit them. I swerved and braked at the same time with cars all around me. I guess I just got lucky. Point I'm making is, "There are idiots out there driving that must be half blind. Do what you can to make yourself seen if riding a bike on a public road. Take nothing for granted. I turn all my strobes on whenever going through busy or dangerous intersections, day or night. That said I think it's probably saved my butt on a number of occasions. ( I can use a helmet and bar strobe if needed ).