Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
How can buses get better?

FYA for the subscribers of this thread, I posted back in 2015:
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
FYA, @Roody, there is a luxury bus service between Boston and New York City, known as the LimoLiner, even nicer than Amtrak, with all kinds of amenities, for $89, one way. I

n particular it has large sight-seeing, clean windows for viewing as it passes through the length of Manhattan (and not the ”backyard”). [[u]railroads are said to travel through America’s backyards]
Originally Posted by Roody
It's funny that we in America call these luxury buses "limo-liners". In Europe they just call them "buses."

But next time you're in Michigan, check out the "Michigan Flyer" buses run by Indian Trails. They're beautiful, clean buses that currently serve Metro Airport, Ann Arbor, and East Lansing. I think they run on loop routes 13 times a day. Fares look decent, with 50% discount if purchased online 48 hours in advance.

Michigan Flyer > Home

Actually, all the Indian Trails buses are all beautiful, new, clean, free wi-fi, customer-centered drivers and agents. The buses are mostly on-time, even. They show what Greyhound could be with a better customer service model.