Old 12-28-20, 05:39 PM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3148 Post(s)
Liked 1,714 Times in 1,034 Posts
Originally Posted by HerrKaLeun
congrats on the compressor and setup. I like the retractable hose you have. I just have a "normal" hose and hate the clutter that gets dirty. That compressor also seems to be reasonably silent. I don't understand why they have the 2-tank setup since that seems more expensive to make.
Oil-free is cool. One of the disadvantages of mine is when it is under 40F, it starts very hard and slowly. I have it in my un-heated garage. I assume an oil-free compressor doesn't have the problem for lack of a lubricant that can be too viscous when cold. But I'm not sure if oil-free just means it is a sealed lube system.

I doubt you have to worry about that setup not working out. For some reason I now hope my setup breaks so I have an excuse to get a similar setup.... I swear I sometimes use the floor pump just because I don't want to have the noisy compressor on.
Thanks, and yeah, I know exactly how that is! That was me about three days ago when I went to fire up the old Central Pneumatics; it was so freakin’ loud it tripled my frustration level!