carpediemracing 

Bikes: Tsunami road bikes, Dolan DF4 track

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked 180 Times in 102 Posts
Originally Posted by mike868y
first "real" race of the year today, chris hinds "sunshine" crit

cat 3/4 - a few teams had sizable representation so I thought a break was going to get away. i tried to take a couple digs in the first half of the race or so but never got any separation that amounted to anything. with 10 to go a strong and decent size break got away and looked dangerous. knowing one of my teammates has a much better kick than I, I took a suicide pull to try and close the gap down, but after 1.5 laps on the front the gap hadn't changed at all. I settled in the pack to recover a bit, assuming my race was more or less shot. somehow with 2 to go I managed to slide into good position. the last few laps were just fast enough to prevent us from getting swarmed and I managed to nab 4th in the sprint. pretty happy about that, honestly not sure if I've ever gotten a top 5 in a 3 race.

also jumped in the 123 but I was so shredded I tailgunned the entire thing. 2.5 hours of crit racing is a lot.

solid way to start the season!
I was looking at the one picture of the sprint where I see you. It looked like it was a death march, gaps everywhere. Solid result there.

I really wish I was out there racing.
"...during the Lance years, being fit became the No. 1 thing. Totally the only thing. It’s a big part of what we do, but fitness is not the only thing. There’s skills, there’s tactics … there’s all kinds of stuff..." Tim Johnson