Old 11-09-18, 04:13 AM
5kdad

Bikes: Felt Z100 road bike, Schwinn Frontier, Salsa Marrakesh, box-store tandem, and Sun Recumbent trike.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by b_young
The KATY trail is not too far from you and would be a good week long trip with no traffic and lots of small towns to tweak your gear. I am planning on the Southern Tier in the next few years. I turn 50 in Feb. so at min 5 year to retirement. Look at the Kona Sutra bike (regular not LTD). Lewis and Clark sells them. IMO its the best looking touring set up. I will own one within a year. I currently have a highly modified Specialized Sirrus that works great as a commuter and touring. I want to do a week or two tour in the spring. I live in Russellville. PM if you would like to try a small one before you do your epic adventure.
Ah, the Katy Trail. Did that years ago, was my first solo bike adventure ( http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/2094 ). Loaded up, intending to stay some in hotels, some camping. But ended up leaving camping gear with friends after about 3 days. It was a nice adventure.
I've biked through your home town of Russellville. Friend and I biked across Arkansas a few years ago, Missouri to Louisiana. Biked down hwy 7 for several miles.