View Single Post
Old 07-16-19, 11:47 PM
BicycleBicycle

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by phobus
Are we? I honestly can't figure out what OP's asking but it seems like he/she is just putting bigger tires on an existing bike.
The post was different when I read it the first time around (edited yesterday). Now I don't know what's going on either. Thread will probably serve both of those purposes well when it eventually floats and waits for searches.

Originally Posted by phobus
Lots of people enjoy the challenge in underbiking, so all of the issues associated with a fixed gear drivetrain can be part of the fun.
I think that everyone on this subforum is underbiking to a certain degree (ss/fg).
My personal philosophy is that you actually gain benefits of ss/fg on the street (extreme simplicity). I also legimately dont' know how to ride a geared bike well and haven't made that jump yet so I don't feel like I am underbiking. Not a learning curve (both riding and maintanence) that I wanted for my one and only that I needed for transportation and work. Haven't experienced that feeling of "never thinking abotu shifting" that alot of people seem to bring up. I guess i'll have a different perspective then when I do eventually try a geared bike since i'll be going "backwards".

Last edited by BicycleBicycle; 07-17-19 at 12:13 AM.