Old 08-22-19, 10:52 PM
robbyville

Bikes: Speedvagen Steel

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Liked 248 Times in 156 Posts
It’s here, now where to start?

My original DeRosa has been returned to me after almost 20 years of sitting around barely being used.

seems like my friends who had it replaced the stem with some type of insert that allows for a modern aheadset style stem vs quill salsa unit I had in there before.

the wheels are still in very nice shape albeit need new tires these seem pretty dry and cracked. The front Mavic hub circa late ‘80’s that I built to a Mavic rim still rolls True and the rear Campagnolo rim with old shimano 600 freehub 8spd seems to still be decent.

bottom bracket still good, Mavic headset a little rigid hopefully just needs grease. The paint is pretty darn faded and frame needs a deep clean. Chrome has some putting and rust spots.

id like to get t back into riding shape before stripping down and looking to new paint and chrome. My intent is to keep original scheme decals, chrome and paint color. Any good ideas for painters? In the interim what’s my best bet to get this thing decreased and clean, how best to clean the chrome?

for parts I’m still thinking of mid ‘90’s Campagnolo while maintaining some of the unique items on the bike, still not sure.

im pretty happy and can’t wait to ride this again. Open to suggestions on best cleaning technique, sourcing parts

Likes For robbyville: