chipcom 
Infamous Member

Bikes: Surly Big Dummy, Fuji World, 80ish Bianchi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by genec
Yeah, Chip, but not all the nutballs, morons and downright jerks are in a position to kill you... I can tolerate the guy that forgets to put cheese on the pizza, or the moron that can't make change when I throw in the 27 cents... or the nutball that brings 15 items to the 12 items or less lane... but the guy thinking he owns the road, and bears down on me with his monster truck... well, that's a wee bit different, eh?

No, indeed it is not a war... but dammit, how about if some of those idiots out there realize that I am just as human as they are, and I have every right to use the same PUBLIC roads. (Of course I suppose some of those idiots might be somewhat sub human... )
Perhaps if cyclists would also remember that drivers are human (even the nutballs), rather than treating them all as the enemy in a war, we might make some progress.

Splain to me how that guy in the monster truck is more dangerous to you on a bike, than say walking, jogging, riding a horse, or driving a buggy on the same road, Gene. It isn't about the vehicle or the activity...it's about people. Some are cool, some not so much. That same idiot in the monster truck will probably be an idiot on a bicycle too.
"Let us hope our weapons are never needed --but do not forget what the common people knew when they demanded the Bill of Rights: An armed citizenry is the first defense, the best defense, and the final defense against tyranny. If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military, the hired servants of our rulers. Only the government -- and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws" - Edward Abbey