genec
genec

Bikes: custom built, sannino, beachbike, giant trance x2

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13658 Post(s)
Liked 4,532 Times in 3,158 Posts
Originally Posted by chipcom
Perhaps if cyclists would also remember that drivers are human (even the nutballs), rather than treating them all as the enemy in a war, we might make some progress.

Splain to me how that guy in the monster truck is more dangerous to you on a bike, than say walking, jogging, riding a horse, or driving a buggy on the same road, Gene. It isn't about the vehicle or the activity...it's about people. Some are cool, some not so much. That same idiot in the monster truck will probably be an idiot on a bicycle too.
The guy in the monster truck isn't more dangerous... it is as I said... "but the guy thinking he owns the road, and bears down on me with his monster truck... " take it all in context, Chip... it was the "thinking that he owned the road" part that made him dangerous, not the truck.

As far as "walking, jogging, riding a horse, or driving a buggy on the same road;" if the guy in the monster truck chooses to bear down on them, they too are in jeopardy.

It is the fact that some folks don't treat each other as equals... as fellow humans, that indeed is what makes the difference. The monster truck is just the metaphorical "weapon" of choice.

As far as this statement... "That same idiot in the monster truck will probably be an idiot on a bicycle too." All well and good... then we are truly equals... it is being an idiot with 6000 pounds of moving metal that makes the guy dangerous to me or anyone else.