Old 08-25-18, 08:02 AM
southernfox

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by taras0000
When undertaking a technical task where small variables can mean the difference between success and failure, it's best to watch or be shown how to do it correctly, vs. giving written instructions, hence why that's the default advice to give. The fact that it's the only advice you got and you chose to discard it is totally on you. I could give someone written instructions on how to perform a tracheostomy, but that person would be better off watching one done, or being assisted in doing it, but, the written instructions are better when the other options aren't available. Just because you are looking for diamonds, doesn't make free gold worthless.
Uhh...LOLWUT?

Where, in my response, did you find that? Carleton's advice was a platitude: I already know (and do) ask people at every track I go to. But because I'm often a favorite, people are very often not willing to tell me the best lines. So telling me to do what I already try...is not 'advice.'

I followed the guy's line advice and set a new track record. Thanks for not reading well?

ETA: I'm not new to racing. I'm not new to elite competitive sport. But there's backstory here I don't always share: namely, I've been pretty systematically discriminated against/harassed (USAC is well aware of it: one pro road team got a formal letter to leave me the heck alone or else). That's partly why people just don't want to share information on lines with me. The fact that a coach from Canada happened to be there on the day of racing to give me the line information was basically luck.

So I asked here for line information at Alpenrose. And all i got was 'ask a local.' Can you at least see how that is *useless* 'advice' for me?

Last edited by southernfox; 08-25-18 at 08:17 AM.