Old 08-27-18, 04:27 AM
Morelock

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked 50 Times in 37 Posts
most (all?) of KGF ride Adamo saddles, a fair number of pursuit guys overall. It really depends on whether you rotate your hips or sit flat on your saddle for tt/pursuit efforts. They work great to help someone rotate forward and ride very steep (triathletes and US TT guys) but are nothing but saddle sores/shredded thighs waiting to happen for more slack sta riders (UK TTers, a lot of track riders) - the easy way to "guess" if a pronged saddle to work for you is to measure your saddle setback. If it's far behind the bb (and by that I mean at least a few mm behind the -5cm line) you probably aren't a great fit for the pronged saddles. If you are trying to push your way to -5/0 and just feel like you wish you could get farther forward, it's the saddle to go to. Another way is looking at your tdc upper leg. If it's nearly flat at the top you probably don't want a pronged saddle because you almost certainly aren't rotated enough. I agree those pronged saddles aren't great for omnium style riders that are going from drop bar to pursuit bar events because these saddles are only made to be ridden on the rivet. That said, if you ever slide off of one you have it woefully pitifully adjusted. (I will admit wrenching some triathlon races in the past I have seen a few come through that were that poorly set up, but even that is the exception) that just isn't a concern if the person setting the saddle up even glanced at the instructions beforehand.