View Single Post
Old 08-26-19, 09:20 AM
3S1M

Bikes: Schwinn Del Mar, Schwinn Sanctuary, Schwinn Hurricane, Murray Actra, Eastern Shovelhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked 139 Times in 90 Posts
Totally. I was starting to get concerned about riding it too much more cuz of how wobbly it got. But now I'm back in the saddle. Although I didn't go on a ride yesterday. I had a really lousy pain and not feeling well day. But hopefully it passed. That was the first time I hadn't gone all summer. It's been a daily thing since starting in May.

But yeah, I've had this sort of rebirth in mechanical prowess lately. I used to be a gearhead growing up but time, money and then health issues sort of zapped me of that. I used to do all my oil changes on the cars and brakes. But then oil changes were becoming a pain when I worked and little kids and church and such. And really, the dealership does it for not much more than if you buy the stuff yourself now a days.

But this summer I've worked on 4 bikes and 3 small engines and brought them all back to life. It is a great feeling.

Now, that rim still has a bit of "hop" to it. I think is the proper term. Now learning how to deal with that... I hear is more difficult. I'll have to start watching the videos all over again. Plus for that I may need to put it on a stand. Not sure..... My daughters bike the rear rim has a hop to it also. It sat for a long time, I think outside. The rims were rusty on one section more than the others and I think that's where it was on the ground. The upside is the rims that seem to need the most work are the rear rims. And the fronts are pretty straight. Less likely to have issues with turning and such.