View Single Post
Old 09-14-19, 12:07 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4511 Post(s)
Liked 6,378 Times in 3,667 Posts
Originally Posted by ToniH.
Hello,

I have been searching for a vintage randonneur bike in a small 48-51 size for a while. I recently found an Alex Singer in a perfect size and character for what I thought was quite reasonable price. But then after some reading I learned that in the 70's some of these where made by an other small french company called CNC... and this one is one of them. I was just wondering what is the general opinion about these CNC made versions? Are these collectible at all and how do they ride?

Also I was thinking to convert it to 650b wheels. It has now mafac racers. The brake pad seems to be at the quite top end of the reach so do you think it would be easy to convert these into a 650b?

Bit torn here if I should still get it and make it as a nice daily commuter that I would not have to worry that much than a "real" Singer or wait for a different one to surface.

Seems that unfortunately I can't post any pictures yet.

All the best,
Toni
Hi Toni,

Welcome aboard, glad you found us, a more accomplished lot of enablers you will not find. As has probably been stated, go around, say "Hi" and/or comment on 10 posts for pics, it takes two days.

I would strongly encourage you to check out the JPR from @TenGrainBread, as stated by @gugie.

It is your size which can be hard to come by in something this desirable and will come with custom racks from one of our own for cost, no small feat and a stellar deal you will never find again.

https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-v...neur-bike.html

Last edited by merziac; 09-14-19 at 12:17 PM.
Likes For merziac: