View Single Post
Old 07-28-14, 05:26 PM
hack

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 417 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Creatre
Unfortunately don't have stack reach info for the old bike. Old has seat angle of 73. New on 545mm eff top tube has 73.5 seat angle, stack of 545mm, and 385mm reach. New on 565mm eff top tube has a 73 seat angle, stack of 575mm, and 390mm reach.

I was also thinking that the longer stem would make it handle a bit nicer than the current setup. The Comp Cyclist sales guy I'm working with is trying to put me in the 565 one. You guys don't think I'll have any issues with saddle to bar drop being 6 foot on the smaller frame? I don't want to be a dork and have a positive 30 degree stem or something.
Tough call. Some time ago, I was looking at a Ridley on CC and they were going to put me on a medium frame and I'm 6'3". Their bikes seem to run big. I ended up on something else kind of right in between their Medium and Large.

While not exact, the reach numbers on the Medium Ridley and your current are likely pretty similar (your current reach is probably a bit more with your lower head tube). Based on your current bike, the Ridley small might be an aggressive fit and the medium would likely be ok. You could always change to a -17 stem to recreate your current fit due to the taller headtube on the medium.