Old 11-26-17, 01:54 PM
alias5000

Bikes: HP Velotechnik Streetmachine GTE, 2015 Devinci Silverstone SL4, 2012 Cannondale Road Tandem 2, Circe Morpheus, 2021 Rose Backroad, 2017 Devinci Hatchet

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Thanks guys!
Originally Posted by kingston
Since the frame is too small you should get the tallest stem riser you can find to get the bars up, maybe even a different stem and some riser bars. Also get some studded tires. I like schwalbe marathon winters. And some pogies.
Knitted&lined pogies are promised by GF . I have Schwalbe Marathon Winters. Cool for ice, not so much for ruts and lots of slush/snow. My Kendas have this tread and work much better for the dominating snow/slush/ruts conditions here:
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....1Hgf5jz7JL.jpg
The center line makes them rolling quite nicely on asphalt. If there were Schwalbe-quality studded tires with such a tread, I'd be happy. My Kendas will last another ~2 winters. Still undecided which tires I'll put on this year.

About bike fit (thanks for you comments!): I haven't figured out the effects of changing things, yet. Some adjustments to get the reach comfortable seem counter-intuitive to me. People recommend to have a larger saddle set-back, and riser-bars. My touring bike frame is also too small, but it's very comfortable to me. Compared to my winter bike fit, it has less saddle set-back, a shorter stem (shorter saddle nose-handlebar distance) and the handlebar is much below the saddle (have to measure it, but it is extreme, 5-10cms). No numb hands, responsive handling and no feeling of being overly compressed on the bike. The recommendations I read make sense to me, but it hasn't translated to reality for me, yet. More trying needed.

Originally Posted by BobbyG
Smart, clever and stylish! For the U-Lock holder, try foam pipe insulation (like pool noodles, but thinner).
Oh, nice call - that stuff looks like very versatile stuff. Thanks!

Originally Posted by mcours2006
Winterize, yes, but winter-proof, no way. Water always finds a way to get through, carrying with it salt and dirt. I've ridden my own 'winter' bikes for a few southern Ontario winters now and I find the best way to preserve it is to give it a shower after a wet/slushy ride.
Glad to hear from you. I'm just ~100km west of you. Was looking forward to your feedback. What do you use to shower your bike? Do you dry it? I guess, you can store it inside afterwards, no?