Old 02-25-18, 08:02 AM
Facanh

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Jason9142002
I had to think about this comment. At first I felt the same way but then I remembered some comments people made to me when I told them I ride. Some people refuse to ride in traffic. It scares them. I don’t blame them. I’ve been hit by a car.
Then I thought about when I used to mountain bike. I would take my bike all over to ride. I didn’t own a road bike back then. Now I won’t/don’t ride a mountain bike anymore. I just prefer the roads. But, in my opinion a ride is a ride. I ride for a bunch of different reasons and one of them is the peace I feel when I ride. So if I have to drive to get that feeling of peace it’s worth it.
It was a dumb comment, I forgot that busy cities exist.

I've been hit by a car too and I absolutely hate riding in traffic too. I ride offroad to get aways from cars, or to skip busy sections so I can get to quiet paved roads.

I also look at gravel bikes more as do everything bikes.

So yeah, just have fun on your bike, and if that means a bit of driving then so be it.

(I don't hate cars or driving at all btw, sharing the road with something that moves at half or quarter of your speed is simply just a flawed concept)

Last edited by Facanh; 02-25-18 at 08:29 AM.