Old 07-10-19, 12:20 AM
evbkzzzz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by linberl
Good luck with your mid-drive build. I'm always impressed by folks who can build their own!
Thank you for the wishes. Hope to learn many things in the process.

Originally Posted by chas58
Curious, why Mid drive? You can go lighter and more stealth with a hub, but if you are doing hills, mid drive is the way to go. Just wondering what your decision process is...
Umm. Mid drives because there isn't much I can do myself in hub motor except for designing the motor itself. And yeah, I quite frequently drive uphills.

Originally Posted by linberl
You can read up on what I ended up buying, ymmv. also I'm 135lbs so even with the bike pretty light. I guess it depends on what you're looking for - I am not interested in a fulltime electric bike. I choose to ride leg powered whenever I can and power up for hills and inclines that would hurt my knee, and in nasty ocean headwinds. I've had zero problem climbing 25 degree grades with my drive at a pretty good speed. You can read up on what I have if you want (or not): electricbikereview.com/forum/threads/review-onemotor-the-device-formerly-known-as-shareroller.28504/
If you have any other questions I'd be happy to try to answer. For reference, I previously owned a dedicated electric bike with a hub front motor, had it about a year, maybe a little more, when I first returned to riding after a 20 year absence.
This is interesting, I would love to build something like that.