linberl

Bikes: Trident Spike 2 recumbent trike w/ e-assist

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1321 Post(s)
Liked 374 Times in 288 Posts
Originally Posted by chas58
Wow, that is an impressive battery!
Battery technology is changing fast, and he is using top shelf stuff. that is good to see. Best friction kit I have seen!

(There is a lot of junk out there, and batteries are an easy way to save money and make the price look good - until it craps out a year later).

I usually run at 10 amps (which is 350 watts) and your battery will last about 18 minutes under that load.
(at 20 amps, that specific battery lasts about 8 minutes - don't be doing that!).

Still, this is impressive performance which wasn't available a year or two ago.

Its interesting that he is not running the standard 36 or 48volt system, but actually 43 volts. Never seen that before (although some people like using a 52v battery on a 48v sytem).

Thanks for the info!

(if you want more of those geeky charts - here is his source: https://lygte-info.dk/review/batteri...een)%20UK.html
I'm not one of those people who just wants to go super fast all the time. I just want some assist. Basically, I use the 1M to put in the same effort as when I don't have a motor (by pushing a higher gear at same cadence) but I go a little faster. While I can pedal at 15mph with no motor, I can't sustain it for long rides, so 1M allows me to still work hard but keep up or ride in ocean headwinds without worrying being blown backwards, lol. I don't think I'll blow out my battery that way =)