Old 08-07-19, 08:57 AM
Rollfast
What happened?

Bikes: 3 Rollfasts, 3 Schwinns, a Shelby and a Higgins Flightliner in a pear tree!

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1835 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 255 Posts
Originally Posted by GailT
A 15 mph speed limit is a good idea on crowded bike paths. There was a bad crash two days ago on the Cherry Creek bike path in Denver. The original article in the Denver Post is behind a fire wall but here are some excerpts:
I can tell you that I had a sideswipe collision with a cyclist while coming out of the side tunnel of the railroad underpass a couple weeks ago, they were holding their mobile device listening to their earbuds and I had little time to try and avoid it.

I ended up slamming into his side hard enough that the Delta Rocket horn's top came off, the batteries flew out, I sliced my right pinky and he almost lost his device in the underpass as well.

Never mind that he had ointment and bandages for some reason.

It's a problem using those tunnels and two of three other cyclists I encountered that night didn't even have lights, the one that did walked her bike across the intersection.

That road is bad enough in that the interstate interchange is just down the street but you can add two marijuana dispensaries to that part of the trip now.

Gee, I just wanted to start a fast for a blood draw after Arby's!

Speed limit? I'm HR Huffnpuff.