Old 08-15-19, 04:29 PM
bikeridesteve

Bikes: 2017 Fuji Gran Fondo Classico LTD, Trek 7300 Hybrid

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by alloo
Thank You for the advice! Two weeks in my blood sugar levels are hitting lows <70. That has resulted in a lower insulin dose for my long acting insulin levels about 10 units less. I decided to do four days a week since my change in schedule requires me to sleep earlier, I ride my scooter to work. I don't own a car so that is not an option. Thanks for the winter commuting advice, as I like to buy things off season. I've been test riding different hub driven ebikes, and I might go from a Beach Cruiser to a city bike. I like the beach cruiser for the straight back riding. We will see!

I have only started commuting on my bicycle since May. Starting slowly at one way, taking transit home. Then commuting both ways the next month every other day, and now four days a week. Thank you for all of your input whether you commute 1 mile or 30 miles your insight is very helpful.
Congratulations! Watch those <70 blood sugars, hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) range which can be quite dangerous on a bike. I'm a type 1 diabetic (44 years), have to reduce my insulin intake and spike my blood sugar to 150-170 to avoid getting low while riding.

Good luck!
Likes For bikeridesteve: