Old 08-15-19, 05:37 PM
alloo

Bikes: 2022 Priority Coast, 2022 Priority Current

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked 137 Times in 99 Posts
Originally Posted by davester
Don't know what advice I can give...you seem to be doing OK. The only suggestion I might make is to get a touring bike or other road bike to replace the beach cruiser. That'll make the commute much faster and easier. However, it sounds like you might be moving towards getting an e-bike so that would take care of the speed and effort issue. How to you carry your clothing, lunch, etc. A backpack is fine for very short distances but a pannier or some other bike-mounted bag is a much better solution. I always keep shoes and emergency clothes (i.e. in case I forget to bring a clean shirt, etc) in my office. Also, there is always the issue of arriving at work a smelly, sweaty mess. How do you deal with that? Luckily I have a shower in the building next to mine. Previously I would keep supplies at work so that I could do a quick sponge bath in the restroom sink...not the best, but workable.
I carry my lunch to work in a messenger bag that I put in my front basket. Everything else is stored in Panniers. I don't bring much clothing with me. I put on deoderant before I bike and wear wicking shirts.