Old 09-07-18, 01:32 PM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
This is why I think that the F200 is diverging from being simply a seeding tool for the match sprint tournament into its own time trial event with medals.

I find it hard to believe that a rider will use the same 130" gear (for example) in the sprint rounds.

There are two scenerios that I think would be cool:

1: Make the Flying 200M it's own medal event.

This would be very popular. There are many people who would simply like to ride F200s and not ride a sprint tournament.

Maybe have the riders ride 3 F200s during an event with one ride being dropped and the average of the 2 fastest times be used to declare the winner.

This will allow for more experimentation in gearing, windups, lines etc...and you'll see more world records.

There are other sports that use a similar format.

2: Add a rule that the gear used for qualifications also be used in the 1st round of the tournament.

This wouldn't be as popular, but it has the benefit of keeping the strategy component of gear selections. Imagine how rider 1 with a 96" gear would race rider 2 in a 130" gear in the first round of a tournament. You would see a lot of "herding" instead of just drag races.