Old 10-19-19, 09:15 AM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20810 Post(s)
Liked 9,456 Times in 4,672 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
That's interesting to hear about the cut of Core vs Brevet and Classic - I'll have to keep that in mind in the Spring (or if some stuff pops up on sale over the winter). FWIW, I poached some archive stuff the other day and have some gloves, an LS merino mesh base layer and some winter tights arriving tomorrow. I'm pretty sure that the base and gloves will work out. Unsure on the tights, but fingers crossed.
Everything arrived.

The gloves are very nice, though I'm glad that I got them at 50% off; I wouldn't begrudge anyone buying them at full price ($110, I think), but I don't think that I'd pay that for them. I'll wear them off the bike, too, which helps justify the cost a bit, to me. They should be good in cold, but not freezing, weather.
Base layer is nice, though it's less snug than I'd expected - there are certainly some wrinkles here and there, whereas the Brevet base layer of the same size (L) looks painted on.
I'm very happy that the tights worked out - by Rapha's measurements, I'm pretty much dead-on Large, for both bottoms and tops, but the tights were only available in XL, although with reports that they were slightly small. They're loose enough around the knees to have some wrinkles, but they're great everyplace else - not too loose, not too snug.