View Single Post
Old 06-06-20, 04:03 PM
Ghazmh

Bikes: 2022 Salsa Beargrease, 2020 Seven Evergreen, 2019 Honey Allroads Ti, 2018 Seven Redsky XX, 2017 Trek Boon 7, 2014 Trek 520

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 696 Post(s)
Liked 910 Times in 487 Posts
After yesterday’s ride I hosed down my 520 and the panniers in anticipation of today’s slow roll on the Vineyard. Like yesterday I carried snacks, a lock and extra water in 2 Camelbak collapsible bottles but today I added a windbreaker to help keep the early morning breeze at bay on the ferry. Eventually the sun came out and finished drying up all the damp roads leaving the second half of the ride sunny and summery in all the ways I wanted it to be. My hooves shod with Shimano SD66 sandals, lower legs and entire bike were far cleaner than yesterday. The Menemsha bike ferry isn’t running so I had to do a little backtracking and added a few new to me roads to the route for 65 slow miles. Upon returning to Vineyard Haven for the return ferry I passed about a dozen folks at an intersection holding signs clearly trying to do their part in making this world a better place where people are kinder to each other. Without a horn to show my support I smiled and waved hoping the diverse crowd sensed my support.

Likes For Ghazmh: