Old 09-21-16, 09:34 AM
seypat

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3241 Post(s)
Liked 2,512 Times in 1,510 Posts
The Aspires are pretty thin. Great sock, though. I have ran distance events up to marathon distance in these. They will not bunch up and I've never had a blister. They seem to have these micro nubs on the sole that grip your feet and feel great. I also have a pair of 12" that I use as a recovery sock after a long/tough event.

Originally Posted by TimothyH
I have one pair of the Performance socks as well. I never wore it because it was a bit too thick to wear with my old shoes and opted for my thinner Pearl Iziumi Attack socks most of the time. My new shoes are a touch bigger and I tried the Performance socks again just for the heck of it... what an amazing difference. So comfy.

I also have a thick pair which I got on clearance at the LBS. Not sure what model but they are very thick, definitely a winter sock, probably closer to the Pursuit. I use these in the winter with my more sneaker-like touring shoes on my fixed-gear bike. Very warm but then again, I live in Georgia so it doesn't get down into the single digits.

So yeah, I rediscovered these socks and today bought the Performance One and Performance two, one pair each. The blue socks are the Aspire Four.I have a few kits that match the color. Giving them a try in the hopes they are not too thin.

Wish I could help more. I'm sure the Pursuit won't let you down.

-Tim-