Old 12-11-05, 10:49 AM
downtube

Bikes: Many Downtube Folders :)

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by pearce
Thanks for the response! Those sound like reasonable risks to me. I've been considering the non FS model and I've had no problems out of the low end suspension fork or rims on my current mountain bike, so hopefully those wouldn't be a problem. Is there any chance of seeing a rigid fork model Downtube? Is suspension more important on folders than on non folding bikes? I've always thought of front and rear suspesion as only being helpful when riding primarily off road. Regardless, I think there is a Downtube in my future! I'll let the forum know if I have any issues due to my weight. Thanks again!
We have recieved a large number of requests for a non-suspended model. I should get a handful in March. Depending on sales, I may continue stocking them.

FYI I ride my FS to school on the sidewalk (for saftey) every morning....I can't feel any sidewalk bumps (concrete control joints). Therefore it is very safe and comfortable, a perfect combination for a commuter.

Thanks
Yan

A side note for bikeforums readers. I only have 2 white 32H bikes left. The rest of our bikes now have 28H front and rear wheels. The wheels are still amazingly strong, and they are dramatically lighter.