Old 03-05-18, 03:28 PM
RickH

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Crusier on unpaved trails?

Hi All,

I am very much a newbie to bikes. I am almost 51 and just started riding (about 10 months ago) for the first time since I was a teenager! I am now up to 10 to 20 miles on one day each weekend. I bought a Sun Baja Cruz 7 speed with 3.5 inch wide tires (when I bought it, I knew even less about bikes than I do now). My intention was always to ride on pavement and some light trail riding. I live in a very flat area (Virginia Beach). Knowing what I know now, maybe I would have bought a hybrid. However, I love the Baja Cruz, and being ignorant at the time I bought it that it isn't really "supposed" to be used on trails, I have been riding it off road a fair amount. It seems to do just fine. The wide tires have a bit of tread on them, and it seems to do just fine in mud, over small tree roots, etc. Do any of you use your cruisers off road a bit, or do you mostly stay on pavement? I am not sure if I want to switch to some other bike at some point or not. The Baja Cruz is very comfortable, and I have been very pleased with it so far (even as I work my way up to longer and longer trips).

Rick