View Single Post
Old 04-29-19, 10:29 AM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r

Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3029 Post(s)
Liked 114 Times in 92 Posts
back to Nickerson State Park to explore some of the Eastern half & parked at the end of Flax Pond Rd where Cliff Pond & Little Cliff Pond are separated by a small beach. funny place for a bike rack, but OK

it was a blustery day. the forecast is was 52° mostly cloudy 25% chance of rain & 15 mph winds with 25 mph gusts. at the end the temp was 54 degrees. during the ride it sprinkled occasionally & at one point I was assaulted by a passing hale squall! put my jacket on just in time for it to stop. when I got to the car it rained some more so I decided to bag it & head home for date-night w/ Wifey

used the main entrance at 3488 Main St Brewster which felt like a longer drive than driving to the southern access point (on Freemans Way). NOTE TO SELF: there is a specific parking lot for the CCRT, between Crosby Lane & Cobie’s (a roadside, fried clam joint). looking at Google St View, there is no CCRT parking sign but I saw it Saturday. it's approx. across from the Cape Rep. Theater (3299 Main St, Brewster, MA). the advantage of this parking is you would be near state park restrooms, & also across 6A from the bay beach, that you can ride to for some sunning

9:40am left house
12:23pm reached parking started approx. 12:30pm
2:14pm back at car
5.23 miles
21.3 mph max
5.9 avrg
52 min saddle time (away from car aprox. 2 hrs)
5:16pm home (away from home approx. 8 hrs)

I usually take a pit stop at the canal

& again for food & supplies at exit 6 (route 132). Easy off, easy on. There is a rest area with restrooms, gas station, convenience store, Subway, Dunkin Donuts & Burger King.

Last edited by rumrunn6; 04-29-19 at 10:39 AM.
Likes For rumrunn6: