Bikes: Old Schwinns

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 561 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by KraneXL View Post
The Unit 2006
7/10

Not really my type of TV show with all the killing and gunfire. Nevertheless, it does have some redeeming qualities to speak of. For one, it includes traditional gender roles that don't stick out or try to politicize the story.

Each main character has his roles and they play them with remarkable believability. They even manage to do a satisfactory job in maintain the true quality of the military hierarchy and structure. Of course, no dramatic series TV or otherwise is perfect, so they do make some dramatic Hollywood allowance to keep the show interesting and moving forward. "The Units" greatest asset is that the PC never dominates, and is kept to a minimum. Something I find wonderfully refreshing.

Of course, I'm still on Season 1 episode 7 so it has a long way to go, and a lot can change in 4 season. For now, we'll have to wait and see what happens next, and what my final verdict will be. In any event, I recommend this show, so long as you don't find the constant semi war drama gunfire too much.

Genres Action, Drama, Military and War
I was a regular viewer of that series during it's original run on network TV. No spoilers here, but I would be interested in an amendment to this post if you watch the entire run.