View Single Post
Old 06-09-19, 03:05 PM
RicePudding

Bikes: Giant Toughroad SLR GX 1 (2018), Giant Talon 2 (2010, RIP)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hiro11 View Post
If you are OK with small knobs, I've had very good luck with Donnelly X'Plor MSOs. Very tough and fairly fast rolling. If you want something totaly reliable,look no further.

I actually am currently running Rene Herse (Compass) Snoqualmie Pass 44s on my gravel bike and absolutely love them. Really, really fast and compliant. They are definitely thin walled, though. It's a risk I'm willing to accept for that incredible ride.
They look really nice, though I can't seem to find any places in the UK that stock them so accessibility might be an issue :/

Originally Posted by SilverRubicon View Post
What about the Specialized Sawtooth or the Pathfinder Pro? If you're 80/20 in favor of pavement, those may fit the bill.
Yeah I concidered these along with the Schwalbe All Round 38c. They look fairly slick. Have you had much experience with either of these?

Originally Posted by tangerineowl View Post
80/20. There's lots out there. What kind of width/weight do you want to go?

The Simworks Volummy 700x38 is a pretty robust filetread.
I am looking to carry on using my 700c Fulcrum CX rims but with tyre width the sky is the limit really. I'm looking at anything between 38-45mm widths.

I can't seem to find those tyres in the UK either. It's annoying that I read through reviews for tyres I think I would like and then look online to find limited availability on them :/ I was almost sold on getting the Terreno Zeros but I could only find them for 650b on Wiggle.