View Single Post
Old 06-11-19, 09:32 AM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r

Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3034 Post(s)
Liked 115 Times in 93 Posts
been a while but managed to get on a bike last night. a simple protected road bike run Bedford to Arlington & back. tried out the new "compact" Take-a-Look mirror. it's closer to my eye so I thought it would provide a larger field of view than the original, but the mirror is smaller so I think the view is the same. might be interesting to put the larger original mirror on this smaller bracket & see what I can see. the mirror on my left drop bar is a little easier to use. was interesting having them both at my disposal. good to get my confidence up again with the new cleated shoes. with all the auto woes my fam is experiencing I sense a commute or two in my future

definitely helps when riders have their light on at dusk, so I know they are overtaking me

waved to thank ppl who stop

missing that cute little visitors' center. but next year it will be fun to visit the new one!

the veggies are lush!

w/ Fathers' Day around the corner was heartwarming to see a new cyclist in the making

feels a little like a rocket launch with the checklist & countdown on car GPS
7:08pm left Bedford Depot
7:50pm arrived at Arlington statue 8.6 miles 19.9 max 13.4 avrg 38 min saddle time
7:56pm headed back
8:39pm back at Bedford Depot 16.3 miles 24.5 max 13.5 avrg 1:16 in the saddle

finally grabbed a meatball sub at the shop across from Bedford Depot! smart move!

Last edited by rumrunn6; 06-12-19 at 09:58 AM.