Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3885 Post(s)
Liked 1,938 Times in 1,383 Posts
Originally Posted by DougG
Thanks all. I did a complete remount of the seat and did my adjustments more "scientifically" and after just a few tries I think I have it where I want it. I think part of my problem has been that I'm trying to achieve a fit that was right for me a few years ago, but at 70+ the effects of aging seem to be accelerating lately and I'm just not as flexible as I used to be. So even though my seat seems "right" now, I might try a different stem to raise the bars slightly to make it easier on my neck when looking up to look forward.
To make it easier on your neck, straighten your back from shorts top to shoulders, or as much as you can. Stretching helps a lot. https://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycl...discovery.html

I had the first bike fit of my life a couple weeks ago, to try to get a saddle sore to go away. To start with, the fitter asked me to try to touch my toes. I put my knuckles on the ground. That's what you want. No, the sore hasn't gone away, but I think it has nothing to do with fit, probably a fungus infection. Gotta try everything though.