Old 04-10-15, 03:47 PM
Kr00kd

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Building a bike: need help determining which parts I should spend more on

So I'm buying a 735 frameset and im building my own bike, after a year of riding a state. I use it for getting around, to work and such, probably riding 50-75 miles a week. So no long rides, and no track. But I do want the bike to be decent as well.

I'm trying to figure out which parts I need to put money in to. So far I've gathered wheelset, and contact points (bar/tape, pedals/foot retention, saddle).

So considering that is correct I have a few questions, if yall would be so kind.

1. With wheelsets what brands or styles should I be looking for? Light is good right? Less rotational weight?

2. Which pursuit bars would you guys suggest? I've heard nitto mentioned, but their bars are over 100. Not saying it's out of the question, just wondering the differences between a 30 dollar bar and a 100 dollar bar.

3. What is a decent, but not horribly expensive crankset? If I'm spending a lot on contact points, I also would prefer not to drop 200+ on the crankset as well.

4. Seat post and bottom bracket are components that won't have a lot of noticeable effect if I go cheaper, right? What are some cheaper to middle of the road brands and types I should look for here?

5.how important is a quality headset?

I apologize for asking all these questions, I just want to do it right. And there's not a whole lot of information online, or places to look at reviews. So it makes the process, for a newb a hard one. If you want to do it right.