Old 02-20-20, 09:45 AM
Baby Puke

Bikes: Marin Stelvio, Pogliaghi SL, Panasonic NJS, Dolan DF4, Intense Pro24 BMX

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 365 Post(s)
Liked 87 Times in 58 Posts
Originally Posted by carleton
Why not raise the position now then lower it gradually when the season gets going? No need in suffering all year long.

When talking with Mr. Tiemeyer, he told me how many of his athletes would ride relatively high positions early in the season then gradually lower their bars as the season and their flexibility progressed.

With that in mind, I'm I'd imagine your road bike position is significantly higher than that of your track bike.
Hmm. At the moment I don't really see the need to do this. For just roller work, at least, I am not "suffering" from my current position. This could change when I start doing high loads on the bike, and in that case I would consider what you're suggesting here. However, if I can stay in this position year round it would seem preferable to me than adjusting and adapting multiple times a season. Again, I'll take it as it comes and adjust as necessary.

And yeah, my road bike position is a bit higher, but I don't do any training on the road bike. I use it for the very occasional coffee ride with non-racer friends (literally 2-3 times a year) and for transportation to and from work when the weather is reasonable. Anything "real" is done on the track bike either on the track or on the erg.