Old 01-17-17, 01:51 PM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7652 Post(s)
Liked 3,478 Times in 1,836 Posts
Somehow you are reading words I did not write and not understanding or accepting words I did write.

Originally Posted by Gweedo1
So I guess what you missed in my post was that once as in after your riding position is dialed in, and you still have saddle issues, it's the saddle, not the weight distribution. According to you, any saddle can be dialed in. Not so.
Dude, if I had said, "Any saddle had been dialed in," as you claim, well, did you overlook where I said (Actually said)
Originally Posted by Maelochs
No need to spend hundreds on a seat---buy a few different shapes and sizes and experiment with very slight fore-and-aft and angle adjustments.
And I still don't see what jogging has to do with riding other than maybe providing some adjunct conditioning. There's nothing even approaching a saddle issue in the world of joggers so if there's no cross analogy, there's no analogy IMO.
I am about to make this Exceedingly clear.
The saddle carries the majority of weight, either way you want to slice it.
This is where you refuse to listen. This is the weak point of your position. This is where you simply refuse to hear.

As I said in Post #102,
Originally Posted by Maelochs
Riding should be like jogging while leaning ... you should be supported by your legs, on the balls of your feet. [Emphasis added]
So long as you keep insisting
The saddle carries the majority of weight, either way you want to slice it. Legs are best used for pedaling. Carrying some body weight is inevitable due to putting power into the strokes, but not the primary focus of pedals or the pedaling motion.
you are going to find bike saddles uncomfortable.

Seat comfort ultimately lies with the right saddle for a rider experiencing saddle pain, once he knows his position is optimised.
Sort of. You really cannot optimize saddle placement on the wrong saddle. An analogy would be that properly lacing shoes which didn’t fit wouldn’t make them fit. If the shape and size of the saddle don’t suit the rider’s anatomy and riding position, there is no “optimal position.”
Optimal rider positioning and saddle comfort can be mutually exclusive.
Then it wouldn’t really be “Optimal,” would it?
Ultimately, it depends on the match between a rider's anatomy and a saddle design, not totally on how he dials in his position
Again, you cannot see the whole picture.

You are saying that if I buy shoes which fit and wear them on the wrong feet I would still be comfortable.

No, obviously.

You have to get the saddle which fits your body, and you have to put the saddle in the right place. Both parts of the equation need to be solved.

Whatever. I have a number of bikes with radically different saddles and very different riding positions, and they are ALL comfortable to ride, because I have the right saddles (for me) in the right positions (for me.)

You can theorize all you want. The proof lies in actually being comfortable ion the bike throughout a long ride ... and I am living proof.

Last edited by Maelochs; 01-17-17 at 01:57 PM.