Old 07-24-19, 10:50 AM
jbsjbs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for all the ideas everyone. This is very useful.

The misting thing sounds ridiculous but what brought it to mind is my kids' summer camp recommends these misting water bottles for the kids (no AC). I tried theirs out on an extremely hot day and it was incredible. Even more so than just spraying water from the bottle, the evaporative cooling of the water mist was stunning. Among the (many!) things I've come across that take advantage of this effect is one at Amazon (sorry, newbie so no links) item B07FFCWGWC at Amazon which is designed for long hiking treks in hot weather and basically pumps a continuous fine mist in front of you. Ridiculous and overly elaborate yes but I can't say that dropping the temp of a hike or ride 30 degrees wouldn't be appealing.

In my current case it sounds like I might need to settle for a couple of partial solutions. I keep a chalk bag on my handlebars to drop my phone into so I'm going to experiment with a small spray bottle with some ice and water in it that I can keep in there (sans phone of course) for the misting portion of my quest and then I'll look for a rack pack bladder for the sipping part.

And of course if anyone has any other ideas I'm all ears. Thanks again everyone!