View Single Post
Old 10-11-19, 05:53 PM
coopman

Bikes: Specialized Roll Sport Low Entry and Bianchi Super Pista

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked 61 Times in 44 Posts
I picked up my new Roll Sport Low Entry this afternoon from the LBS and just finished up a 6 mile ride on it. I'm still playing with the adjustments a bit, trying to get them optimal for me. I'm not all that impressed by "The Cup" saddle so far. I had to take just as many butt breaks as I did with my beach cruiser. Maybe it just needs a minor tweek to feel better. The saddle clamp pitch adjustment mechanism is as different from the beach cruiser as it could be. It took me a while to figure that out. It has a bolt in front and another in back, and they operate in a push-pull sort of way. One good thing about it, it won't slip on you like many saddle clamps will.
I was hearing some minor squeeking from the front wheel and figured out that it was not quite seated properly in the fork (we had to take the wheel off at the store to get the bike to fit into my CRV). That was my fault.
I was enjoying the ride so much that I went around the block an extra time. I sure do like having the gears to fine tune the pedaling effort and to be able to speed along at a pretty good clip. It's not a road bike but it will definitely leave the beach cruiser in the dust. It will go as fast as I desire to go.
I will probably have this as my only bike for the rest of my life (my wife was not very pleased when I told her that I had ordered it).
Likes For coopman: