Old 10-12-19, 07:22 AM
OldCruiser

Bikes: Most of my bikes are Single Speed Conversions

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked 3,067 Times in 1,015 Posts
Originally Posted by hokiefyd
The adjustment bolts work in tandem. As you tighten the front bolt (to lower the saddle), loosen the rear bolt. This type of seat post is basically like having the saddle on top of a fulcrum, and both bolts pull on each side, holding it steady. As you tighten one, the tension on the other becomes MUCH tighter as well (because the pivot is on top of the fulcrum). As one side comes down the other side has to come up. Once you have the adjustment where you want, you can ensure that both bolts are tight; just tighten them evenly so you don't pull the angle down one way or the other.

These types of seat posts should offer a large degree of adjustment, so if you find that you're limited in one direction or the other, I suspect you may not be loosening the other bolt as you tighten one of them.
I know how they work .
I left the rear bolt loose until I had tightened the front screw until it bottomed out , then it would only take a couple of turns on the rear to tighten it . Maybe the one I got was defective.
It still doesn’t doesn’t take away from the fact that it’s a pain to swap out saddles . Maybe I don’t know what I’m doing there either .