Old 01-08-21, 11:13 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 768 Post(s)
Liked 1,744 Times in 1,015 Posts
Originally Posted by Biker395
I can tell you this. When I stop riding, I feel much older.
Yep a few years back, I had just come off a 7200 mile year and working to hit 8K. I was on a group ride and the guy in front of me hit his brakes accidentally when he was trying to change gears and I got into his rear wheel and down I went. I was the only one to hit the ground which was good, but I went down very hard and ended up having 5 operations to fix my shoulder. It was an unpleasant experience. During this time, I also had a management change at work and the that dictated a lot of changes to my schedule and people opted out of that environment, which meant I had a lot more work to do. So I was off the bike a lot and it took a a couple of years to find my groove again. I felt horrible and comply out of sorts suffering through almost 15 months of physical therapy and a lot of mental abuse at work. I finally was able to get back on the bike and that help by allowing me to ride my stress away, which is an awesome feeling. Luckily an old manager called me and offered me a job and I gladly left the toxic environment in my wake. I feel so much better now and to award myself for surviving all of that crap, I bought myself a Domane last Oct to help in my mental and physical recovery.

Likes For jaxgtr: