fenderbender
consilio et animis

Bikes: It's not 'bout the bike!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PatrickTSheps

Here's mine preparing for my first big trip!

The red panniers are actually childrens backpack with florescent spraypaint over the logos. I am gonna spray some waterproofing stuff on them as well. The tinsel makes it go faster. Tent, sleeping bag, and tool kit on back rack. I have a smaller army sleeping bag that weighs nothing and folds down to the size of a shoe box that I am probably going to take instead of that bulky green one. The tool kit is a surplus WWII canvas tool holder that aparently tank mechanics used. Its crazy handy and rolls up with all the tools/parts secure in it. Selle San Marco Regal saddle.

Gonna put some SPDs on before I go, and a handlebar bag. I also plan to put a floor pump on there because I hate dealing with handpumps. I also have some front racks and might put the red bags on the front and get some plastic kitty litter containers for the back (something I saw on this thread back in the page 20's).

And yes, the back light is in a more practical place now.

I am a broke student so I am trying to DIY as much of this as possible. Any tips/hits would be hugely appreciated!
Bring back fond memories of my first solo tours in the early 80s. Don't worry about the gear just go and enjoy the open road! Btw, that fan won't be of much use me think.