View Single Post
Old 02-01-21, 03:37 AM
VeloFelo54

Bikes: 1951 Claud Butler Massed Start, ca. 1960 Holdsworth Hurricane, ca. 1948 Allin, Stan Butler Special

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Gnutti Hubs

Originally Posted by PeterLYoung View Post
Acquired a set of NOS Gnutti hubs. Think they are 1960ís as they stopped making them around that time and they have the last design on the QR Levers.
I would say not as good as Campy but interesting all the same. These have never been laced. I have dismantled checked, cleaned and repacked and adjusted bearings. Cups and cones showed no signs of use, ie: no tracks. Now to decide what wheels to build.

Sorry about the late response
Very interesting hubs. You are quite correct in that the skewers are of the later type. I am curious to know if the hub shells have the Gnutti name engraved on them anywhere. I have never seen large flange Gnutti hubs and suspect that these are not Gnutti and simply have Gnutti skewers. I have researched Gnutti further since I wrote the Classic Lightweights article and there is still much to learn. Sadly, my attempts to get cooperation from Gnutti in Italy has failed so far (they are still in business - but not cycle components)