View Single Post
Old 10-03-19, 08:58 AM
leob1

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked 106 Times in 69 Posts
Originally Posted by rumrunn6
when I was a kid I could do a wheelie on my Sting Ray. but one day, on my way to school, showing off for the girls, my front wheel fell off. I had to come down on the fork somewhat. uninjured, I watched my wheel roll thru a big intersection & down the road a 1/10th? of a mile. talk about a walk of shame
I decided to make my sting ray cooler buy putting a smaller wheel on the front. So I took off the 20" wheel, and put the 16" wheel from my sisters bike on the sting ray. Yeah Baby! looks good. Off for a test ride. Got half way down the block, going good. Decided it was time to lift the front wheel off the ground, I was the neighborhood wheelie king. Slide back on the banana seat, and pull up on the ape hangers. The front wheel comes up, and I see it bouncing down the street with out me. My only though was 'oh crap' before the fork blades slammed into the pavement. That was the first time I was unconscious in the street. And how I learned about axle size, and how to tighten nuts with a wrench.
Likes For leob1: