Old 10-06-19, 05:28 AM
LewisFernandes

Bikes: Cinelli Hobootleg

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by mstateglfr
Instead of looking at frames and picking one out based on the aesthetic opinions of others, perhaps prioritize frames that have the geometry you are looking for, and then compare those for aesthetics and tubing?

To me, that would seem like a better approach as it will get you a bike that fits how you want to ride.

Comments like 'Masters ride harsh' or 'De Rosas handle well' tells very little with regards to how the bikes will work for you.
Yeah I would agree with this, but I’m going to be buying the frame and building it up over time. So knowing which will fit the best and ride the way I want it to is quite tricky. I’ve had a bike fit before, and it wasn’t too conclusive on what suits me. All through my teenage years I rode all different types of bikes and now on road bikes I don’t do a crazy amount of miles so I know it sounds a bit amateur but I can sort of fit myself to the frame and style as long as it’s roughly right. I’m enjoying that now at 27 but I don’t know how long that’s gonna be the case for!!

I had a BMC RoadMachine a couple of years ago in a size 56 and I think maybe that was a tad too big and had me stretching too much. The De Rosa I have now is a 54 and I had a (ok) bike fit on it and it seems to be a good fit. (54.5 TT) I believe. I haven’t ridden steel since properly road cycling so I just have no idea what’s gonna work till I try it.

thanks!