Old 10-06-19, 09:33 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10965 Post(s)
Liked 7,491 Times in 4,189 Posts
Originally Posted by LewisFernandes
Yeah I would agree with this, but I’m going to be buying the frame and building it up over time. So knowing which will fit the best and ride the way I want it to is quite tricky. I’ve had a bike fit before, and it wasn’t too conclusive on what suits me. All through my teenage years I rode all different types of bikes and now on road bikes I don’t do a crazy amount of miles so I know it sounds a bit amateur but I can sort of fit myself to the frame and style as long as it’s roughly right. I’m enjoying that now at 27 but I don’t know how long that’s gonna be the case for!!

I had a BMC RoadMachine a couple of years ago in a size 56 and I think maybe that was a tad too big and had me stretching too much. The De Rosa I have now is a 54 and I had a (ok) bike fit on it and it seems to be a good fit. (54.5 TT) I believe. I haven’t ridden steel since properly road cycling so I just have no idea what’s gonna work till I try it.

thanks!
You have a bike that you like, so use that.
Take your current de rosa and look up the measurements or just measure them yourself.
Head tube angle, seat tube angle, bottom bracket drop from dropouts, chainstsy length, fork offset, and stack and reach.

All those measurements affect if a bike feels quick or slow, too big a reach or comfortable.
A basic top tube measurement really doesnt mean much at all for fit or style of ride.

These measurements are why some find a frame too twitchy while others like the same frame and find it quick handling and responsive.

Spending the money you are about to spend, i would think you would want to know how a frame will feel relative to a bike you know you like.