Old 10-06-19, 10:09 AM
LewisFernandes

Bikes: Cinelli Hobootleg

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by mstateglfr
You have a bike that you like, so use that.
Take your current de rosa and look up the measurements or just measure them yourself.
Head tube angle, seat tube angle, bottom bracket drop from dropouts, chainstsy length, fork offset, and stack and reach.

All those measurements affect if a bike feels quick or slow, too big a reach or comfortable.
A basic top tube measurement really doesnt mean much at all for fit or style of ride.

These measurements are why some find a frame too twitchy while others like the same frame and find it quick handling and responsive.

Spending the money you are about to spend, i would think you would want to know how a frame will feel relative to a bike you know you like.
thanks for this, good advice.

I’ll get it measured up, and I’ll probably get a quick fit before I buy the frame too. I suppose my point is that I just don’t think I would know the difference between twitchy and quick handling/responsive because I haven’t had any long time with one size and style of road bike. So it’s really hard to know what will work. Suck it and see I suppose. I think I’d go for a 54, and then when it comes to fitting components, have a play with those sizes.

but yeah, it’s not gonna be cheap you’re right. And I would very much like to know that, but seems to be a hard thing for a rider like me to establish. I think thats a small reason why the Colnago just pipped it too- so many people like the ride and are happy with the sizing and comfort, so I can take some solace in that. Plus if there’s an issue, there will be others who can advise.