conspiratemus1
Used to be Conspiratemus

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked 245 Times in 163 Posts
Originally Posted by pcb
. . .
Can you now tell me how I can complain to Big Sucrose for them making it difficult for me to pedal my bicycle as fast as I'd like?
Your question is perhaps rhetorical but in return for your generous thanks it deserves an answer.

The “cholesterol hypothesis” has dominated medical research into heart disease for at least 50 years. It has spawned dozens of drugs sold as “antidotes”, a few of which even work, and can save lives. But the “sucrose hypothesis” has received little attention from Pharma-funded researchers, I.e., nearly all run-of-the-mill medical researchers, because the only antidote to sucrose is to eat and drink less of the stuff (and concentrated forms of its constituent, fructose.) There is no pill. So until recently it was only unfunded cranks and gadflies who talked about it....incessantly. But sucrose makes you fat while bacon and olive oil don’t, now a mainstream idea. And obesity kills.

Don’t complain. Fight back: As a recreational athlete, drink only water. Get your calories and salt from real food that’s not too sweet.